I am really excited about this! It is a game changer in my mind!
Does anybody really what will happen? I dont like the idea of waiting until November
So, this year celebrates the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, woohoo! Now, as a Whovian (the term given to fans of the show), I’ve put my thinking cap on as to what the celebratory episode could involve…
Billie Piper/Rose Tyler Returns:
Now, we all know the current situation with Rose Tyler. After getting involved with Torchwood, she ended up falling into a parallel universe. It was a bit sad, the Doctor said “Rose Tyler…” and she never found out the end of the sentence.
Until she came out of the parallel universe two more times. One of them was in the episode with Donna Noble (Catherine Tate), who made a mistake by “turning left” instead of right at a car junction, which lead to history being changed… Rose encouraged her to change it back, it worked, and at the end, Rose gave Donna a message to pass on to…
View original post 538 more words
1. My favorite color is yellow, because I am red green colorblind. And my favorite bird is a blue jay, because they are blue and when I was younger they were my baseball team. My favorite flower is the fire and ice rose, because they are unique and pretty.
2. My favorite writers are Bill Watterson, Darby Conley, Berkeley Breathed and Robert Pirsig.
3. My favorite artists are John Thompson (a teacher of mine), Vincent van Gogh and the multi-talented Pablo Picasso.
4. My favorite musicians are (right now) Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Depeche Mode, Tori Amos and The Cure.
5. Which living person do you most admire? I admire people of leadership. I may not agree with everything people do or say. So I will go with President of United States. I also admired people who do things against all odd and do great things. I admire people who inspire others to do great things.
6. My favorite heroes from fiction are Dr. Who, Wolverine and of course Iron man.
7. What is your idea of perfect happiness? My perfect happiness would be staying level. I want to enjoy my craft and make money and be stable and level. I want to make money in my craft and be happy. I don’t want to be wealthy rich (I know), I just want to be a place where I can have fun and be happy and enjoy life with in reason.
8. What is your greatest fear? Honestly Dying! Dying a horrible death. I would like to go quietly in my sleep when I am 107 years old.
9. What historical figure do you most identify with? I really cant think of one. I enjoy popcorn. I enjoy it a lot, Maybe Orville Redenbacher!
10. What is your most treasured possession? I have some friends that I have had since high school. We are still friends; we have witness the sadness of death and newness of birth. We have seem little ones grow into big ones also my groups of friends have had the high of highs and the low of lows. We still get together for fun and laughs and it this has been going on for over twenty years. We are a close nit group.
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would prefer to be a little more skinner and younger, but I can only chance one of them.
12. What do you consider your greatest achievement? I have an associate degree in Visual Communications. I have a paper that says I graduated college. Not sure what to do with it, But I am in a better place now Full Sail!
13. What do you most value in your friends? Loyalty no matter what dumb crap you pull or not pull. Being able to know that some one has your back. Nobody is perfect, but it nice to have friends who think you are.
14. Which talent would you most like to have? I would love to a stand comedian/radio personality. Be a person on the radio that is adore by fans and has a respectable and fun show for the listeners.
15. What is your motto? It is more like a quote from a famous person. This quote is attached to emails that I send out from yahoo.
“The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.”
~ by Pearl S. Buck ~
Today is very important day in my life. My name is Brian Van Scoyk. I am now 40 years old. I want to be a graphic designer. I want to make this world a better place. I am not perfect but I am still learning. I have Visual Communication degree and I am working on my Bachelors degree from Full Sail.
I have been on Earth for a while and I learned a few things and I want to learn more. I am adult learning who is doing better in college than I did in High School. I wish I could back and change that. The past is past and all I care about is a brighter future I have because I want to be graphic designer and make the world a better place than it is.
I have people to thank for all what I have now and the success that with hard work that are coming my way. John Thompson instructor and mentor for while I was at ITT Tech. He gave me a chance, he took time about his crazy busy schedule to help me and others who cared learn about all aspects of graphic arts. I have learned a lot of him and I am thankful for that.
I am thankful for Full Sail University that has a kick ass program to get me where I want to go and beyond. I can’t be thrilled enough of the efforts the instructors put forth in to trying to teach me the skills I need to succeed. I am going online and instructors are all most available 24/7 all time you got to love the informational superhighway.
I want to finish school and make things. I want to make movies, cartoons great designs. I want to do things that make this world a better place. I want to come with ad campaign that will make the world think a little and open its eyes or make the world laugh its ass of, because the world could use a little humor in it.
I like the idea of making cartoon or comics. I have a great imagination.
I get inspired by people like Tony Carrillo of F-Minus and Mathew Inman of The Oatmeal. They don’t know me, but they inspire with their out of the box witty humor that cracks my stuff up. I would like to be like. I have mention this before the job of designer, moviemakers, artist, painters and anybody who makes anything need to make things better than what they were before. Take old concepts and make them better. Make old things new and better. My name is Brian Van Scoyk, I am Forty years young and I will want to make a difference and be a great graphic designer or something just like that.
F-Minus Website http://fminus.net
The Oatmeal http://theoatmeal.com
I have creative lapses all the time. I have problems doing homework sometimes. I have a hard time with doing projects sometimes. When I say sometimes I mean all the time. Here are a few things I like to do when I am in a funk and cant come up fun and creative.
Number One: I like to watch a funny show or something to lighten the mood. When I feeling pressed or something similar I will watch a cartoon or some thing on the DVR. I will watch Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Looney Tunes (new or old), Chowder (internet) and that crazy show Robot Chicken on Cartoon Network.
You ask why number one works most of the time; well I think humor can get anyone out of a funky mood. Humor makes you feel better. Humor awakes and excites the mind. I think an excited mind is a creative mind. When you have to be creative, it always a good to feel good and be excited about you are working on. Humor and being happy can knock the fuzzes from a creative block and get you going again.
Another reason number one works is if you are working on animation, graphic design or writing a script, in my opinion. Robot Chicken is a funny show that works with different types of animation and has a humorist script. You may get an idea from some thing you saw. Cartoons use animation and graphic design and even some color theory to make an entertaining show. A cartoon is my opinion is moving pictures that are telling a story. There always-great artistic details in each frame of the animation. It is like a thousand Photoshop files or pictures working to make great animation.
SEE YOU CAN LEARN FROM CARTOON!
Number two: If need some learning or help. I will watch videos online. There are always crazy things on the Internet. I like to watch typography videos.
Another way to enjoy typography to help you out of your funk try watching music videos or movies that just used typography.
Your favorite some probably has a typography video made about.
Another way to help with number two is look for things on the web. Look for tutorials that might help you on the subject. Do search on an artist you like and look at their art forms on the web. Look up an art gallery online.
I recommend this site for inspiration or some thing to break up that block.
http://www.adobemuseum.com I recommend the John Maeda exhibit.
Lastly when you are having an artistic block goes for a walk outside. Do something different; try to change your environment. Try to wake up, have some coffee or even better yet go to local coffee house and have a little fun and look for inspiration. When you are in trouble go to a place where you can be happy and creative. Find things that inspire you, write them down, and remember them. Try to do your best at all times and good will comes out of it.
Pablo Picasso quotes
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.’
The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider’s web.
Dr. Who is very fascinating. I enjoy all of the plot lines and how you have to remember certain things that happen in other episodes.
Very few shows are as inspiring as Dr. Who. With its valuable lessons in each episode, you can’t help but be inspired. Even as an adult, I see the lessons that I can apply in my own life even without a Tardis.
One thing that I have learned from Dr. Who is to always be ready for an adventure. I rarely leave my office but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be ready for an adventure when one comes along. I should never be afraid to do something new.
Another lesson from the good Doctor is to value each being. Each person that you meet in your life can teach you something new. People are fascinating and unique. Value what they can teach you and in turn you grow as a person.
Lastly, be willing to help others. I know that our lives are often busy, but sometimes people need a…
View original post 98 more words
My name is Brian Van Scoyk aka as BVS. I actually have it tattooed on my arm incase I forget who I am. I am currently enrolled in school to become a graphic designer. I currently work in radio broadcasting. I would like to merge the whole idea of graphic designer with my radio ideas and maybe come up with some new radio concepts. Radio promotions and ideas have change from here is a free tee shirt to something more complex and the use of social media. Social media is here to stay and it is the way we communicate theses days. I have a brand new phone and I love it, cant wait to get a tablet. Maybe another topic at a different time. A radio station has to reach the masses in other ways. I enjoy texting rather than calling someone. You can get a quicker reaction to something on Facebook and twitter than you can get by dialing the phone. You can take quicker instant request through Twitter and Facebook. Radio listeners loved to hear their names on the radio. With Facebook and Twitter the radio listeners can interact with you and other listeners at the same time.
Radio stations are starting to make extra content for stuff that is not on air. On air talent are blogs and videos on the side to interact with listener and drive listeners to their Facebook page or the station website. This also becomes a new revenue stream for the radio station. I want to be a part of that. I want to be in radio as long as I can. I do enjoy making things or making this better and useful. Graphic design is needed is this world. Think about this scenario, which I learned for Daniel Pink’s book. You have a toaster, what is the main purpose of your toaster? To make you toast right? Maybe so but that’s only is job for 20 minutes the rest of the day its job is to look good in your kitchen. Graphic is the wave of the future and they are many things that needed to made better than they once was.