MY Personal Mission and Identity Image
My Name Brian Van Scoyk
My top 5 signature strengths:
1. Leadership I excel at the tasks of leadership: encouraging a group to get things done and preserving harmony within the group by making everyone feel included. You do a good job organizing activities and seeing that they happen.
2. Appreciation of beauty and excellence I notice and appreciate beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in all domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience
3. Humor and playfulness I like to laugh and tease. Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.
4. Gratitude You are aware of the good things that happen to you, and you never take them for granted. Your friends and family members know that you are a grateful person because you always take the time to express your thanks
5. Citizenship, teamwork, and loyalty I excel as a member of a group. You are a loyal and dedicated teammate, you always do your share, and you work hard for the success of your group.
Past/Future use of Signature Strengths
1. I have worked as a leader (my job title was event coordinator) in radio promotions from small-scale budgets to a grand scale budgets. I have had to use my leadership skills to keep everybody on task and to have everybody do their task with a smile. For example I help planned and organize a St. Patty tent party that entertain at least 800 people. I would love to be in charge of a design team, where I can work with a team and take a design from an I idea to finish product. I would like to show off my skills that I work with well with others and talk other people idea and work with them or mold their ideas into better things.
2. When I am in normal class or a design class and we are doing analysis or critiquing, I always do the two positives and maybe a negative if it is really needed. I understand that there are better artists in the world than me and I can appreciate other people’s work. I can see beauty in all things; we are unique in our own ways. Let the record show Ernesto (a classmate in this class) is a hell of a designer and he does really good work and I can appreciate that. When further down my career or what ever my life my bring I always want to see amazing things, I want to see beautiful sunsets, I want to see new
Personal Mission Statement:
My name is Brian Van Scoyk and I am a graphic designer and radio producer promo guru. I have great leadership skills. I believe in others and myself that I can make good design or help other make their design superior. I have faith in a useful legible design with color. I enjoy high-quality designs that make an impact! I believe in solo and team efforts. As a person I can stay focused and I stay on task. I am very motivational with myself and with co-workers. I comprehend how a team works. I work well with the Adobe Master Suite Six and most radio equipment.